среда, 6 сентября 2017 г.

IELTS GURU - IELTS Speaking Sample (Part 2)

Talk about an Internet site or a portal that you find useful/like 

What is your favorite Internet site? 
How long have you been using it for? 
What do you use it for and why do you like it? 
How can it be improved? 

I will get the ball rolling by saying that the nature of my work requires that I use the internet every day, so it is small wonder that there are many sites which I use and like, but i would definitely single out Wikipedia – a wonderful site that offers a wealth of interesting and diverse information on a great variety of topics. 

It must have been about 5 years ago when I discovered this digital wonder for myself. I was doing some research when I happened to come across an article in Wikipedia which won me over right away. And I would say that I have been a voracious reader and an avid fan of Wikipedia ever since because it provides wonderful insights into great many subjects ranging from pop culture, history, autobiographies of celebs and so on and so forth. If you want to find something – just look it up in Wiki. 

To elaborate further, I would add that the greatest things about the site are its functionality and the user-friendly layout, which are simply second to none. All the information is presented in such a fashion that one can find everything in a matter of seconds. On top of that, it has in-text incorporated links that can take you to other related articles which you might have never even considered trying. I sometimes get carried away and spend hours on end surfing the pages – so captivating they are! 

Admittedly, the site DOES have its minuses like, for instance, not all the information there is 100% verified because anyone can upload some facts and make changes to the page entries. Even though the moderators monitor the quality of the content, the sheer volume of the data available there makes it virtually impossible to check every single piece of information. So, maybe were I given a free hand I would tighten the rules that regulate how a person can change entries there – I guess only registered users should be able to edit the articles.

Как-то так)))) we do it like the GURU

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий